Background of Scott
J. Faye, CPA/PFS
as of December 2011
- Earned NYS Certified Public
Accountant certification in May of 1986.
- Earned American Institute of CPA's specialization
certification as a Personal Financial
Specialist (PFS), in April of 1990.
- One of only 3,000 individuals in the
United States, and one of only 250 in New York State, to hold the
PFS Specialty Accreditation.
- American Institute of Certified Public
- New York State Society of Certified
- Estate Planning Committee of NYS Society
- Served 2 years as a member, and as Secretary,
of the New York State Society of CPA's Estate Planning Committee.
- Former member of The Tax and Estate
Planning Council of Rockland County, Inc.
- Former member and Ambassador of The
Rockland Business Association.
- Member of The United States of America
Chamber of Commerce.
- Created and presented "The Marital
Deduction and Other Basics" lecture for the Foundation for
- American Tax Association - The University
- ACUTE; Accountants Computer Users Technical
- Created and presented "Tax Attack"
lecture for Smith Barney Shearson.
- Rockland Community College teaching Income
Taxes to future Certified Financial Planners.
- Rotary Clubs
- Religious Organizations
- Community Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Public and Private Corporations
|Radio and TV Host:
- Host and sponsor of "Tax
Time Hotline" broadcast live on WRKL
Radio AM-910 for six years.
- Co-Host and co-sponsor of "Financial
Mobility," broadcast live on TKR Cable
TV for two years and on WRKL Radio AM-910 for six years.
43 second video (3,213k mpeg)
- Appeared on MSNBC for a live
5-minute national interview.
5:27 minute live video (5,123k mpeg)
- Appeared live on Rockland News Network explaining new Tax Act to shoppers at the Palisades Mall.